1. Writers must be between the ages of 7-17 to participate.
2. Stories must be an original work of fiction or poetry created by the writer.
3. Writers who cannot or don't know how to type can ask a parent to help type their story.
4. Stories may not be longer than 1,000 words. Poems under 30 lines.
5. Sibling writing teams are allowed, but stories must be entered into the age bracket of the oldest participating sibling.
6. Stories are due on Monday, May 31st, by 10:00p CST
One winning story will be selected in each age group and awarded a $50 Y.E.S VISA Gift Card and a featured publication in the Black Women Do Heal, Melanated Queen Magazine (Princess Edition)
The winning story/poetry will be read aloud on a video to be posted on Y.E.S. Facebook page, YouTube and the Y.E.S. website.
(Please note: Winning writing teams will be awarded one prize per team.)
Writing Contests for Melanin Girls (Publication & Cash)
Thank you for your interest in contributing.
Lisa Frazier Page, an editor and award-winning reporter at The Washington Post, is the co-author of the New York Times bestseller The Pact: Three Young Men Make a Promise and Fulfill a Dream.
Business Education Instructor and Owner of an Online Bookstore called
The Hall Bookstore
Copyright © 2020 ElevateHerUP - All Rights Reserved.
Do not despise these small beginnings, for the LORD rejoices to see the work begin
Website created by Elevate'Her UP LLC